This morning I received a happy e-mail from the K2 team about the release of 1290.
In short, this release includes the following:
- K2 Pass-Through Authentication – An alternative to Kerberos!
- Process definition delete
- K2 Designer for SharePoint – Process naming and sharing
- Office 2010 ribbon in K2 Studio
- Documentation has been improved and enhanced
- K2 Services – REST Enabled Services
- CRUD support for K2 SmartObject Services via REST
- Updated Wizards
- Code Reference Event Enhancements – Ability to reuse returns from previous service calls in K2 Designer for Visual Studio and K2 Studio
- Usability Improvements for lists of metadata – Ability to search and filter lists of metadata.
- Exchange 2010 Support – Allows the Exchange Wizards to function with Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- New Wizards
- Create Folders in SharePoint
- Convert Document – Converts a Document, or multiple documents, using Word Services to a specified format (e.g., PDF, XPS, DOC, DOCX, etc.)
- Create Document – Creates a new blank Document based on a SharePoint content type
- Insert into Document – Insert Content into a content control within a document
A follow up post on K2 Services – Part 1 is already being made at this point. It’s not done, but coming!